Visiting Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort is the perfect destination for a relaxing vacation. But on the days you want a little more than just relaxing by the pool or on the beach, there are plenty of scheduled activities happening around the resort, but venturing off the property is a fun addition to a great trip.
- Savannah, GA - Taking a drive to Savannah, Georgia is a fabulous full day activity. We opted to do the Hop On Hop Off Trolley tour through Old Town Trolley Tours. It was a great way to get around the city. The drivers gave us a brief description of what you could explore at each stop. If the trolley tour isn’t for you, there are plenty of other tours available, such as a historic homes tour, a riverboat cruise, ghost tours and so much more.
- Bike Rentals – You can rent bikes at Disney to take advantage of the bike trails around the island. It is also a great way to get to the Beach House. We took our bikes and road for miles along the beach.
- For the serious shoppers, Tanger Outlet Mall has 2 different locations, which you will pass shortly after you enter the island.
- Water Activity - Across the harbor from the Disney resort there are plenty of activities at the Shelter Cover Harbour. You can arrange inshore and offshore fishing, nature and dolphin tours. For water fun, you can reserve kayak tours, waterskiing, paddleboards and for the more adventurous guests – parasailing. Reservations are highly encouraged, so this is a great place to start your trip after checking into your Disney resort.
5. Art Center of Coastal Carolina is a beautiful and quaint theatre that is within walking distance of the resort. Visit their site prior to your arrival to see what is scheduled and order your tickets in advance. http://www.artshhi.com/
6. Harbour Lighthouse - If you want a great look at the island, there is no better view than the views from the lighthouse and museum, where you will not only have great views, but you can learn the history of this iconic lighthouse. https://harbourtownlighthouse.com/
7. Civil War Forts - For the history buffs, Hilton Head Island is home to four Civil War forts that housed Union troops. You have an opportunity to learn their role in the war.
With all the daily activities scheduled at the Disney Hilton Head Island resort and everything there is to explore in the area, you may want to plan another visit to continue seeing more of the low country.