Getting around Walt Disney World property takes many forms including buses, the monorail, and walking. But my favorite way is taking a leisurely boat ride to and from select locations.
Location of water transportation:
Magic Kingdom Area:
- Sailing on the ferry from the Transportation Center to Magic Kingdom
- Boats run between Magic Kingdom, the Grand Floridian Resort and the Polynesian Resort
- There are a variety of routes that will transport guests between Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, the Contemporary resorts and Magic Kingdom.
Epcot and Hollywood Studios Area:
This is my favorite area to use the boats to move between Hollywood Studios and Epcot. If you are not staying at the following resorts but have dining reservations in this area, you are able to take the bus to Hollywood Studios. Before the park entrance on the right-hand side, you will see the boat launch area. Simply hop on the boat and it will make stops at each of the following resorts.
- The boats will connect Hollywood Studios and Epcot with the following resorts:
- Boardwalk Resort
- Beach and Yacht Club
- Swan and Dolphin
If you are staying at a Disney Springs area resort, taking water transportation to Disney Springs for dinner and/or a little shopping is a wonderful way to get to and from.
- Boat access to and from
- Old Key West
- Saratoga Springs
- Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter resorts
Taking advantage of the water transportation is an opportunity to sit back, relax, and truly enjoy and appreciate the beauty of the Walt Disney World property.