You have finally managed to save enough for this magical vacation. You have put months of work into planning every detail so things are perfect! You can’t wait to see the smiles and hear the laughter of your kids but that all could change if you don’t plan for the waits. It is just a given, if you are going to Disney, you are going to wait in lines at some point during your trip. A little extra planning beforehand can save you a major meltdown while on your magical trip.
Here are some helpful hints that will hopefully make waiting in line more tolerable:
- Start preparing your kids months before you leave. When you are waiting in line to see a movie or buy a toy, explain that this is what it will be like at Disney. But also, explain the reward at the end of the wait makes it worth it!
- Make sure the kids have used the restroom before you get in line. There is nothing worse than being so close to the entrance and having to get out of line to take a kid to the bathroom or worst of all, them having an accident.
- Use the time in line to feed the kids either a meal or a snack. On your way to the attraction, find a restaurant or snack stand. By eating in line, you won’t waste any more time having to sit down to eat. Great way to kill two birds with one stone!
- Play games in line. You can play trivia like asking who can name the most characters or movies. Bringing card games from home is helpful. Or you could look for hidden Mickeys.
- If worse comes to worse, you may need to bring out the electronics. Disney does have some great free apps.
Bottom line is there is no way to avoid lines at Disney. But preparation prior to the trip and utilizing the Fastpass system will hopefully make the wait more manageable. The wait is worth the reward especially at Disney!