A Hidden Gem
For our family, having a great breakfast is an essential way to start a busy day in the parks. Our restaurant of choice is the Grand Floridian Café, which is inspired by the sea coast resorts with a Victorian charm. The café has beautiful views of the resort pool and gardens.
The café is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner (or a quick dessert or snack), but it is our go-to restaurant for breakfast for a variety of reasons:
- It is a nice start to a day we plan on spending at Magic Kingdom no matter which resort we are staying. If you are not staying at the Grand Floridian, it has easy access by taking the bus to Magic Kingdom and hopping on either the monorail or a water taxi.
- The service is friendly
- The food is plentiful
- We have found it an easy choice as a last-minute reservation. We are generally able to get a reservation by logging into the My Disney Experience App while in our room and able to get a reservation for a time after factoring in travel time. Reservations are highly recommended.
- On trips that we aren’t on the dining plan, we find the prices are very reasonable for plenty of food.
- The menu is small, but there are many options to satisfy a variety of pallets. They have a nice selection of seafood choices including lobster benedict.
- Since I have a food allergy, Disney makes eating gluten free on vacation easy and plentiful and for breakfast the Grand Floridian Café has the best selection and the most accommodating. They cater to gluten free allergies at breakfast, lunch and dinner, but a big breakfast is my special treat while on vacation.
Whether you start your day with a relaxing breakfast or end the day with a nighttime dessert, the Grand Floridian Café is a convenient hidden gem.