If you love Christmas and you love Disney, sailing away on a Very Merrytime Cruise with Disney Cruise Line should be added to your Christmas list. I was fortunate to experience my first Very Merrytime Cruise on the Disney Dream with my Me and The Mouse team in early November this year.
I love the holidays and was so excited to get a jump start on Christmas music, decorations, and holiday traditions. Disney’s expertise in creating a “Magical Christmas” sailing is something I was thrilled to have the opportunity to experience. I especially enjoyed the magic of snow in the tropics.
Holiday activities and offerings are subject to change by ship and itinerary, but I am excited to share a sampling below:
- Deck the Deck Tropical Holiday Party-Where your Disney pals know how to get the holiday party started with dancing and games such as candy cane limbo.
- Mickey’s Tree Lighting Magic-Kicks off the holiday season on the first night lighting the tree in the lobby atrium and setting the holiday spirit in motion.
- Santa’s Winter Wonderland Ball-Celebrates the arrival of a very special holiday guest, Santa Claus. Disney characters are there as well to create a Winter Wonderland experience at sea.
- Santa Claus Meet and Greet-Where you will want to be certain to bring your Christmas list to share with this holly jolly gentleman.
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus- This will warm your heart as she enjoys reading Christmas stories in the atrium.
- Disney Character Greetings-Where your favorite Disney characters will be available to meet and be photographed in their best holiday attire.
Holiday Merchandise will available to purchase. Exclusive, holiday-themed items will be offered and will allow you to check items off the list of family and friends for the holidays.
A Gingerbread House which is life-size and completely edible is located in the atrium. Photographs are allowed, but sampling is NOT. (Tip: If this experience is important to you, plan to sail later in November as the Gingerbread House was still under construction during the first sailing of the Very Merrytime Cruise.)
One of my personal favorite ports on a Disney cruise is visiting Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay (pronounced Key). While approaching the island, our cabin offered an exceptional view the Christmas decorations setting the stage with anticipation for a magical holiday tropical island experience. As guests arrive on the island, there is a photo opportunity with a giant Christmas tree, a holiday sleigh packed with presents, and Mr. and Mrs. Snowman with a tropical flair. Characters will spread cheer around the island and be available for photo opportunities. May the warmth of Christmas be with you while visiting Castaway Cay and experiencing the magic of snow on the island.
Very Merrytime Cruises are offered on every Disney cruise ship, but have select sail dates. If you are interested, please contact your Me and The Mouse Travel Specialist for up-to-date information.
I hope this warms your heart this Christmas season.