4 theme parks, 2 water parks, and a themed retail, dining and entertainment center called Disney Springs provides endless choices for you to spend your vacation. It is very easy to feel overwhelmed with all the options. Guests want to make certain they maximize their time and have the opportunity to enjoy everything on their wish list! I have often heard guests say they need a vacation from their vacation!
When you plan a vacation, most are intending to take a break from the hustle and bustle of work and routine. However, we often forget the rest and relaxation part of vacation when visiting Walt Disney World. There are many options for fun and unique activities to bring the R & R back to your vacation.
- Spa services: Who doesn’t enjoy a relaxing manicure, pedicure, facial or a massage? Spa services can be scheduled at Saratoga Springs Resort and the Grand Floridian Resort
- Horseback riding or Horse Drawn Carriage Rides at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Watersports – Sammy Duvall’s Watersport Centre is located at the Contemporary resort. You can choose from personal watercraft, tubing, water skiing or wakeboarding. Parasailing is also available as an individual or tandem. This will provide an amazing birds eye view of the Disney property.
- Disney’s Waterparks – Blizzard Beach and Typhoon lagoon both have unique themes and waterslides as well as a relaxing sandy beach area.
- Golf – There are 3 outstanding champion courses and a par 36 walking course located on property. Forgot your clubs? Not to worry, you can rent clubs at the course! Don’t forget, there are 2 miniature golf courses available: Fantasia Gardens and Winter Summerland
- Resort Pool – with 25 uniquely themed resorts, each resort offers multiple pools. Although pool hopping is allowed at select resorts, there are black out dates as well as certain resorts that restrict the use to resort guests only.
- Shopping – Each resort and theme park have multiple shopping locations. Disney Springs offers several locations where you can find Disney souvenirs and home goods, but it also has multiple widely known retail locations. Don’t forget while you are shopping to enjoy the vast dining/dessert options or even have a glass of wine at Starbucks!
- Enjoy the music – There are often musicians performing throughout Disney Springs, the House of Blues, Piano Bob at Port Orleans Riverside, or my most favorite….Jellyrolls Dueling Piano Bar at the Boardwalk Resort
- Movie – You can watch the latest movie release at the AMC dine in movie Theatre at Disney Springs! A movie theater and restaurant all wrapped in to one!! Many of the resorts offer outdoor evening movies. Check with your individual resort.
- Bowling – Splitsville at Disney Springs offers both bowling and an expansive menu! From traditional snack food (nachos, cheese fries) to more eclectic(sushi) and everything in between!
Take a day during your vacation to sleep in, take a nap, or simply take a relaxing stroll throughout your resort!
Your Travel Specialist is here to help you plan your own downtime day!