How many times have you had an itch to get on vacation, but the thought of making a reservation at the last minute would cost an arm and a leg? Disney Cruise Line may have a solution for last-minute planners. Many times, Disney Cruise Line releases promotional rates called IGT (Inside Guaranteed), OGT (Oceanview Guaranteed), and VGT (Verandah Guaranteed).
Granted, you may receive a lower fare if you book as soon as Disney releases their new itineraries, but many people have a hard time planning that far in advance. If you happen to discover you have extra vacation days at work or you just need a little time away, these fares may be right up your alley. They are usually quite a discount from the regular fares that you would book last minute.
Disney generally releases these fares after the pay in full date, which for most sailings and stateroom categories, that is 75 days prior to sailing. However, they have been known to release them prior to the pay in full date.
In exchange for the discounted fares, you agree to a few things when you book an IGT, OGT or VGT rate:
- These rates are only applicable to new bookings.
- You are agreeing to book a stateroom category vs. a specific stateroom. For example, if you book an OGT, Disney will book you in a stateroom that is at least an Oceanview based on availability. You could possibly get bumped up to a Verandah, but you would not be moved down to an inside stateroom.
- Your stateroom assignment may include an obstructed view.
- In most cases, you will know your stateroom about 30 days prior to departure.
- The GT rates cannot be combined with any other discount, such as an onboard booking discount
- You are also agreeing to pay in full at the time of booking and you cannot cancel.
If you are looking for a last-minute vacation, reach out to one of our Me and The Mouse Travel Specialists and they will be able to help you with the next step.