You’ve found the one who you want to spend your “Happily Ever After” with and now it is the time to make your intentions known! Walt Disney World is known for it’s magic, beauty, and of course fairy tales. So, what better place to begin the start of your personal fairy tale than with a Disney proposal? Disney plays host to thousands of proposals each year and with so many different locations and ways to make them magical, it’s not a surprise. It’s an “I do” destination! If you are looking for the perfect place to set the stage of your magical story, look no further. I’ve created a list of amazing locations!
1. Cinderella’s Castle - This is probably the number one backdrop for popping the question. This amazing sight is on top of my list to ask for the love of your life's hand in marriage. Not sure you want to do it outside of the Castle? Talk with your travel specialist about making a dining reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table. The restaurant even has an engagement package that will leave you feeling like royalty.
2. If you are looking for something a little more intimate, I recently came across a proposal at the pavilion at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort. It was a beautiful setting complete with rose petals sprinkled on the floor of the beautiful white pavilion (overlooking the water) and the lights of the Boardwalk.
3. Another one of my personal favorite locations is on the beach of the Polynesian Resort. You and your sweetie could go for an evening viewing of the Magic Kingdom’s Happily Ever After fireworks on the beach and then when the finale is taking place, the ring appears!
4. Another location (which would offer more intimacy but also offer a view of the Happily Ever After show), is on the top viewing area of Bay Lake Tower. This resort offers amazing views of Walt Disney World.
5. Both Port Orleans Riverside and Fort Wilderness Lodge offer a beautiful horse drawn carriage ride that would be a location for a proposal and a little Cinderella moment!
6. Over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, there is a beautiful seating area at the Flame Tree BBQ which offers the perfect backdrop for a romantic proposal. If you time it right before the start of Rivers of Light nighttime show, an added element of magic, beauty, and music would make the moment perfect.
7. Italy, located within the World Showcase in Epcot, is an amazingly romantic spot. There is an area that overlooks the water, Spaceship Earth, and all of the World Showcase.
8. Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom is also a popular choice. Make sure to talk with a PhotoPass Photographer and they will be able to catch your wonderful moment in action!
9. If your sweetie has a favorite character, you could set up your proposal during a special meet and greet. Take advantage of the PhotoPass Photographer and capture the memory forever.
10. Disney Springs has transformed into an amazing romantic destination at night. Food, music, and atmosphere encompass your senses here. You could stop at Ghiradelli and share sweet treat while overlooking the water and Saratoga Springs Resort.
Still not sure how you want to propose? You can hire Disney’s Fairytale Engagements to help you orchestrate exactly what you desire your proposal to be!
Walt Disney World is a place where dreams come true, memories are made, and hearts are filled with love. It’s a place where you can look into the eyes of the most amazing person in your life and know they are the one. So, if you are searching for the perfect proposal, be sure to think about the happiest place on earth as your location.