10 Dec Items Not Permitted on a Disney Cruise
Packing for a vacation is an important part of the planning process, but rarely do people think about what they should NOT bring onboard a Disney cruise. This is a broad overview of some of the items you should leave at home in order to provide a safe environment for all guests. If you have any questions about specific items, your Me and The Mouse Travel Specialist will be happy to assist.
What NOT To Bring On Your Disney Cruise
- Absolutely no weapons or anything that may resemble a weapon. Includes explosives, ammunition, flares, knives or scissors exceeding 4”, or anything highly flammable.
- If you made a stop at Hollywood Studios prior to your cruise and bought a lightsaber, plan on shipping it home since it won’t be allowed on the ship.
- Scuba diving equipment, however, snorkeling equipment (mask, fins) are allowed.
- Air mattresses
- The only alcohol permitted to be brought on board are 2 bottles of wine or 6 cans of beer per adult (they must be unopened). Any other forms of liquor will not be allowed and will be stored for the guest until the end of the cruise.
- Homemade foods of any kind and any prepackaged food that has been opened prior to boarding.
- Coolers larger than 12 x 12 x 12. Smaller coolers must be brought on as a carry-on.
- Illegal drugs/narcotics
- Inflatable floating devices or pool noodles. Life jackets are provided at the pools and Disney’s private island Castaway Cay.
- Electrical devices such as coffee makers, blenders, diffusers, hot plates, cookers, Christmas tree lights, extension cords and power strips, and heating pads
- You can bring curling irons, flat irons, shavers.
- Humidifiers, baby monitors, portable fans, and sleep machines will need to be approved by the Chief Electrician)
- Streaming devices such as an Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, etc.
- Fishing gear
- Over-the-door storage organizers
Again, this is a broad overview of some of the more common questions we receive. Please ask us ahead of time if you have any doubts regarding items that may be in question. This will help provide a smooth boarding process for anyone.