The start of a New Year brings thoughts of change and hope for many. Down at Walt Disney World, they are going through some exciting growth and change of their own this year! With new magical expansions opening in 2019, it’s a good time to start planning a visit to the happiest place on earth!
What’s new at Walt Disney World for 2019?
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is celebrating its 30th anniversary and offering many new experiences!
- For Star Wars fans the most anticipated release of the year is the opening this Fall! Star Wars Land; Galaxy’s Edge, located within Hollywood Studios, will completely immerse you in an experience out of this world. Two new attractions will be the main features, Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- The first ever ride-through attraction based on loveable Mickey and Minnie Mouse will open in Hollywood Studios. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will put you into the world of Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts.
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is a new show opening this spring at Hollywood Studios. Lightning McQueen will share stories from his years of racing!
- The Wonderful World of Animation will be a new nighttime show in Hollywood Studios. The show will use state-of-the art technology to tell the story of 90 years of Disney animation.
- At Party with Pixar Pals, The Incredibles will be hosting a dance party. You can meet characters such as Edna Mode, Mike and Sully and some of the friends from Toy Story.
The big change for Epcot is the ending of the night-time show Illuminations. As a previous Epcot Cast Member I am sad by the announcement that after nearly 20 years Illuminations: Reflections of Earth will be retiring but I’m sure the folks at Disney will amaze with a new fantastic show. Keep an eye on the Me and the Mouse Facebook page for that announcement!
There will soon be another transportation option to get around Disney property, the Disney Skyliner. The Skyliner will offer transportation to Epcot, Hollywood Studios from Art of Animation, Pop Century Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort and Riviera Resort.
There will be two new on-site resorts opening up during 2019!
- The Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. This new tower will have 545 new rooms and two new restaurants is scheduled to open in July. One restaurant will be located on the rooftop and have a view of fireworks from all four theme parks. The second restaurant will be located on the island of the resort’s 14 acre lake.
- The Riviera Resort will be a Disney Vacation Club property. The theming is inspired by Walt Disney’s travels to the Mediterranean with this deluxe property will have 300 vacation home units.
They are continuing to open and develop new areas for guests to enjoy at Disney Springs. New for 2019, is the NBA Experience which will make you feel like a real professional basketball star. With 13 unique and hands-on activities from getting your own scouting report, pregame preparations, and making shots and slam dunks on the court!
2019 is shaping up to be one of the biggest years in Walt Disney World history! Make sure you and your family are ready to visit by contacting a Me and the the Mouse Travel specialist today.