Lines and Disney World go hand in hand. They are unavoidable for the most part. Disney recognized this and has put things in place to help guests skip lines on vacation. One of the most well-known Disney perks is the FastPass (allowing guests to avoid ride lines). They have since taken it one step further and have introduced online mobile food ordering.
Mobile ordering allows guests to avoid standing in line at their favorite quick service location. Whether you are on the dining plan or paying out of pocket, you can take advantage of this convenient service.
How do you do it?
- When viewing the app, ensure you’re viewing the details of your stay (click the Mickey head in the bottom of the app).
- Under My Plans, select Order Food.
- A list of participating mobile ordering restaurants appears. NOTE: Not all dining locations are on the app, but Disney does make frequent updates.
- Select the restaurant you’d like to order food from. (If a restaurant is closed, you’ll get a message stating so.)
- Once you select the restaurant, click Order Food.
- The Build Your Order Screen appears. Tip: If you have the dining plan and are unsure of credits you have available, click View Your Meal and Snack Balance at the top of the page.
- Choose the entrée/snack you want to order.
- The next screen allows you to make additional choices pertaining to your selection (i.e. Dole Whip flavor, choice of side, etc). Then choose Add.
- Continue to add entrees/snacks as needed for everyone in your party.
- Review your selections when you click View My Order. If you missed adding the beverage that comes with your quick service dining plan meal, the app will remind you.
- Review the Order Summary. The number of credits being used is listed. Tip: If there is an item you want to pay out of pocket for, click modify order, then select Change Dining Plan Options below the item you want to pay for differently.
- Once your order is complete, click the green Purchase button.
Picking up your food:
- When you arrive to the restaurant (or are in close proximity to it), open the app.
- Press the I’m Here, Prepare my Order button, letting the restaurant know you are ready for them to start your order fresh.
- When your food is ready, you’ll get a notification from the app.
- Pick up your meal at the area with the Mobile Order Pick Up sign.
It’s THAT Easy!
Waiting in restaurant lines eats up time in your day. So, whether you are in line for a ride or just sitting along Main Street USA, plan out lunch, dinner, or your snack and have it ready in no time when you arrive to the restaurant.
The mobile ordering feature is an easy way to minimize your wait times and maximize your time for fun!