Missing Fast Pass Attractions Due to Ride Closures
Did you ever wonder what happens to your pre-selected FastPasses (FPs) in the event the ride is down or not running during your scheduled return time? There is no need to worry….Disney is on top of it.
If you are scheduled for a FastPass through My Disney Experience (one of your 3 pre-selected FastPasses) and you arrive during your scheduled hour window, but the ride is down during that time, Disney will send an email notifying you. They will also put an “invisible” FastPass in your My Disney Experience. It is considered an “invisible” fastpass because it will not prevent you from getting another FP at the FP+ Kiosk once your original FP’s are used or their times are expired.
For Example, assume this is your FP day:
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
3:05 PM -4:05 PM Peter Pans Flight
- You go to Seven Dwarfs at 1:30 and the ride is temporarily shut down.
- You will receive an email and a notification in My Disney Experience about the issue.
- You will be assigned a new FastPass that will be good from that time up until the scheduled park closing time for that day.
- That FastPass is not just for the original ride, but will also give you a list of other rides you can use that new FastPass for.
- All you have to do is go to the ride on the list you want to go on at anytime until the end of the scheduled park closure, scan your bands, and ride.
There is nothing else you need to do…
You may want to wait and see if the original attraction you wanted to ride opens up while you are still at the park, but in the event the ride is closed for the remainder of the day, you have other ride options to take advantage of.
The above options were only provided to a guest that was visiting the Magic Kingdom that day. Rides will change based on the park you are visiting and the rides that are listed may or may not be the same ones given to you at Magic Kingdom…you will need to check your MDE to see what options they are offering you.
This invisible FP option gives you a lot of flexibility and may even give you the chance to ride a ride that you were unable to secure a fastpass for…so even though it may be disappointing to see the ride you were scheduled for is closed, Disney has made up for it by giving you select options to make up for the inconvenience.