Spring is a wonderful time of year to visit Walt Disney World. The weather is just about perfect- not too hot, not too cool. And who can forget all the flowers in bloom at the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. But the one thing that may keep you away is Spring breakers! Don’t let that keep you from experiencing all the beauty of Walt Disney World in the spring. We have some helpful tips to help avoid lines and make you vacation magical.
- Be sure to book your hotel and dining early. By booking early, you are sure to get the resort you would like in the room category you are hoping for. If you are afraid you may miss out on a better price, don’t worry! The Me and The Mouse Travel agents will monitor your reservation for any promotions available during you stay and get that price applied if there is availability. Remember with Disney dining, reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance. Popular restaurants such as Cinderella’s Royal Table and Chef Mickey fill up early so booking at the 180 day mark will give you the best chance of getting that reservation.
- Take advantage of the FastPass system. FastPasses can be made 60 days ahead of time if you are staying on Walt Disney World property. This will save time waiting in line at some of the more popular attractions.
- Utilize the Magic Hours if you are staying on Walt Disney World property. Magic Hours are when one of the four theme parks either opens an hour early or stays open two hours later.
- Arrive early! By arriving at least 30 minutes before that park opens, you will be able to enjoy more attractions with shorter lines. Take a mid-day break and then head back out to the parks for the evening.
- If there is a second Fantasmic! Show or second parade, plan on attending that one. It is usually less crowded than the first one.
- Go to quick service restaurants at off times. For example, eat lunch around 11:00am or dinner around 4:00pm or after 8:00pm. The lines will be shorter and you will have an easier time finding a table.
- When leaving the theme parks at night, don’t rush to the buses with everyone else in the park. Take that time to get a snack and browse the shops.
So just because it’s Spring Break doesn’t mean you should avoid Disney World. It will just take some extra planning to make for a magical vacation. If the thought of all the planning scares you, contact a Me and The Mouse Travel agent and we will be happy to take the stress off you! If you’ve already begun planning, Me and The Mouse is able to have your reservations transferred to the company! We will be able to keep your previous choices, and help you decide your future decisions.