Working with a travel planner who specializes in Disney vacations can save you money and time, but how do you find a travel planner who will work well with your family?
- Friends and family are a great resource - ask them how they planned their Disney vacation, and you might find they have a great referral for you!
- You can search on the internet for travel agents specializing in Disney. There are a lot of them, so how do you weed them out? Look for a professional-looking website, certifications and affiliations, and even the Disney EarMarked logo (showing that the agency is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner).
- Talk with an agent and ask if there are any fees. Most agents do not charge a fee unless you booked on your own and they are only providing planning services.
- Be clear about the services you'd like the agent to provide. Some agents will do your dining reservations and FastPass reservations. Others will only make suggestions.
- What happens if Disney offers a promotion after you've already booked with your travel planner? Will your planner be aware of any new promotions? and will they automatically apply the promotion to your qualifying reservation?
- If you have any special requests or requirements, be sure to mention them at the onset of your discussions. Your agent may have information that may help you with your requests, or they may have recommendations that they might not have made had your requests remained unknown.
- Understand the value of your travel planner. We are there to take the stress out of the planning process and do everything to ensure you enjoy your vacation. We spend many hours fine-tuning all the details. We will often include extra pixie dust for your family. The services and little surprises your agent can provide you with outweigh any small discount or gift card you might be offered by another company simply trying to get your business.
- And don't forget - even families who have been to Disney dozens of time can still find value in a travel planner. We make sure we are aware of all the newest rides and attractions, restaurants, and any changes. The World of Disney changes very quickly, even from month to month. When you are settled in your comfort zone with what your family enjoys at Disney, something new will be introduced that you might have otherwise overlooked!