If you are like my family, we are interested in exploring other countries but want ease in our traveling, so a Disney Cruise is our perfect solution. What could be easier than being transported to a variety of locations on one vacation and only having to unpack your bags once? Disney offers excellent excursions to meet a variety of interests and activity levels.
Disney Mediterranean Cruise - List of Ports:
It is beneficial to arrive a few days early to adjust to the time change, and see the beautiful city of Barcelona. Highlights of the city include La Sagrada Familia, Olympic Village area, and Las Ramblas.
Villefranche, France – Monte Carlo, Monaco and Eze
- The port of Villefranche is picturesque and lined with restaurants, quaint hotels and shops.
- In Monaco, all the roads lead to the palace. The streets are lined with small shops and lovely restaurants with patios.
- Monte Carlo is filled with massive yachts. The famous Loews curve, as seen on the Monte Carlo Grand Prix and the Casino, is only open for those 18+ years.
- Eze is a medieval city that was first populated around 2000 BC. It provides magnificent views of the Mediterranean.
Pisa and Florence
- Pisa – This is a perfect visit for a Leaning Tower of Pisa picture opportunity.
- Florence – If possible, take time to walk the Ponte Vecchio. It is filled with shops and is normally very busy, therefore, arrive early to avoid some of the crowds. Another key stop is the Basilica di Santa Maria del Flore, which is the main church in Florence.
Naples, Italy – Pompeii, Sorrento and
- Pompeii – You’ll want to make sure you visit this historic city. In 79 AD, Mount Vesuvius erupted and buried the city in 20 feet of ash.
- Sorrento & Positano The beautiful Amalfi coast makes these two spots a major hit! It’s stunning beauty makes it the perfect picture spot.
I recommend using a private driver or do a small group tour. We were able to see so much more than we would have on a large group tour. This allowed us to see several key locations in one day, including:
- The Catacombs of San Sebastiano - Only a portion of the catacombs are open to the public, so it was a fairly short tour.
- “The Secret Key Hole” – When you look through the key hole, you can see St Peter’s Basilica perfectly.
- The Colosseum
- The Vatican, St Peter Basilica and the Sistine Chapel
- Trevi Fountain
- The Pantheon
- The Spanish Steps
Disney definitely helped to make our European vacation magical. If you're interested in visiting Europe, consider travel with Disney Cruise Line for a little extra magic! Don't forget, Me and the Mouse Travel will be happy to help you make wonderful family memories on your European adventure.