If you love Disney and you’ve always dreamed of a family vacation to Europe, it couldn’t be easier to combine the two and visit Disneyland Paris! It’s just a short train ride from the Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris (or easily accessible by train from many major cities in Europe).
Disneyland Paris is made up of two main parks – the Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park. Disney Village is a shopping and entertainment district complete with Character meals and a Wild West show.
There are many walk-through areas in the parks as well as exciting attractions and shows to keep guests of all ages entertained. While many of the attractions in Paris are similar to attractions in the U.S., there are some very definite differences as well as many attractions found only here:
- After exploring the galleries of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle, you can venture down into the dungeon to take a peek at the castle’s prisoner – a fire-breathing dragon!
- Big Thunder Mountain is magnificently displayed on its own island!
- Phantom Manor is a haunted, old Victorian mansion atop a hill with its own exciting backstory that will leave you breathless!
- Fall into the White Rabbit’s hole and make your way through Alice’s Labyrinth and find yourself with a gorgeous view of Fantasyland.
A minimum 2 night/3 day stay is recommended to be able to experience the best of Disneyland Paris, and there are several Disney resort hotels to choose from to make the most of your visit. Most of them have American theming, like the Hotel New York, Hotel Cheyenne, and the Sequoia Lodge. The most popular of them all is the Disneyland Hotel which is a very beautiful, Victorian-styled resort sitting right above the entrance to the Disneyland Park.
Disneyland Paris is an excellent host at the holidays:
- Halloween is a spooky time of year at the Disneyland Paris parks complete with decorations and characters in their favorite costumes. The season culminates on Halloween night with one big party!
- Christmastime is filled with traditional decorations and events. Spend your Christmas Eve with your family at a very special Christmas meal with Santa and your favorite Disney characters. Book far enough in advance and order a Christmas tree for your room!
You can also extend your Disney trip with a Disney bus tour into Paris. Choose from tours that include a cruise on the Seine, exploring the Louvre, a ride up the Eiffel Tower, and more! If that’s not enough, Adventures by Disney can take your family on guided tours throughout Europe, exploring exciting lands with Disney’s VIP service and story-telling to immerse you in the Magic of Disney.
For more information and to plan your European adventure, contact Nancy at Me and the Mouse Travel!