26 Mar Hippity Hoppity…Easter’s On Its Way At Walt Disney World
It is fun to visit Walt Disney World for seasonal events. Easter is no exception! This springtime holiday offers many fun activities at the theme parks and resorts. I am excited to introduce you to a variety of special Easter events that will enhance your experience while visiting Walt Disney World.
- Religious services are offered on Disney property on Easter Sunday and are typically offered at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- Hop over to Town Square at Magic Kingdom to meet Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny for a photo opportunity.
- Enjoy a fabulous Easter pre-show to the Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom featuring Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny and the Azalea Trail Maids dressed in beautiful Easter gowns designed to look like flowers. The Azalea Trail Maids are “Official Ambassadors” for the city of Mobile, Alabama and tend to participate in the parade only on Easter weekend.
- Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is in bloom at Easter. Check out the beautiful flowers and delightful topiary trees manicured meticulously into your favorite Disney characters. The picturesque grounds will provide many beautiful photo opportunities.
- Epcot’s Easter Egg-Stravaganza is an Easter egg hunt where families can search for large eggs strategically hidden throughout World Showcase. These eggs are themed to Disney characters. In order to participate and receive a prize, you must purchase a kit filled with a map and stickers for a nominal fee at designated locations. Your kit allows you to keep track of what egg you find in each country. You may want to purchase one kit and work as a team or additional kits to participate individually if your family enjoys competition. It can be enjoyable to stroll through World Showcase at your leisure to hunt for eggs or make it a race if you prefer a challenge. After finishing the hunt, present your completed map to the redemption center to receive your prize.
- Special Easter buffets can be enjoyed at many restaurants located at Disney resorts and Disney Springs.
- Special yummy and adorable Easter treats will be found in various locations at the park and resorts.
- Easter merchandise can be purchased at the parks and resorts to give you the opportunity to take home some Easter memories from your visit. You will also find pre-made Easter baskets at the gift shops at Disney resorts.
If you are looking for an exceptional experience, visit the Grand Floridian Resort lobby for the Annual Chocolate Easter Egg Display! This is where skilled pastry chefs create a work of art with intricate designs and creations inspired by Disney and Pixar characters and films.
Families who choose to spend time at their resort on Easter Sunday will find many complementary activities. Disney resorts will hold an Easter egg hunt for kids, host Easter activities, and facilitate special character meet and greets. My family stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter where Mickey and Minnie made a surprise visit dressed in their best Easter attire. Another fun event you will find at your resort is the Cast Member Egg Decorating Contest. Cast Members have the opportunity to show off their creative side. Their original designs are displayed during the week and winners of the contests are revealed on Easter Day.
I believe these events are worth adding to your bucket list when visiting Walt Disney World at Easter to make memories that will last a lifetime.
Please note: All entertainment, displays and activities are subject to change without notice. Check your My Disney Experience account or check with your Me and The Mouse Travel Agent for updated information.