05 Oct Bass Family’s Top 5 Must Do’s During a Disney World Vacation
My family loves Walt Disney World, and with 3 little girls it’s easy to understand why we make it our yearly vacation destination. There are so many things to experience both new and classic each time we visit. Our tradition is to eat at least 1 or 2 new restaurants and catch all the new attractions during our trip, but there are also five must do’s that make every Disney vacation complete.
1. First of all it’s not a trip to Disney World if we don’t indulge in all things Mickey and this includes all the yummy snacks. From cookies, ice cream, cake pops, to waffles and pretzels, you can bet that if it’s shaped like the mouse we are eating it. My girls absolutely love the big Mickey pretzels. I even lost count of how many we bought on our last trip.
2. Splash Mountain! We have to ride this one, and I for one especially love to ride it at night. This classic attraction fills me with a sense of nostalgia, and riding it with my girls reminds me of my first ride as a kid. (I may or may not have gotten teary eyed on our last trip as our middle daughter was finally tall enough to ride.)
3. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is another must do for us, I love watching my girls being transformed into beautiful princesses. This experience makes every girl feel so special, especially when greeted by cast members and asked for autographs. I recommend making a reservation at the location in Magic Kingdom at Cinderella’s Castle as early in the day as possible. On our last trip our reservation was an hour before the park opened and we were finished just up just before the park opened. This gave us enough time to be first in line for and help “Magically” turn on the Carousel.
4. We can’t go to Disney World without riding Dumbo. It’s a classic attraction that usually has very little wait time. My girls love being able to spot other attractions from up in the air.
5. And lastly if it wasn’t already obvious how much we love Magic Kingdom, no trip is complete without watching the fireworks there. This spectacular display is just magical. We love to have a reservation at a fireworks dessert party such as the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage. This event is at the Contemporary resort, where you dine on all you can eat treats and snacks, and rub elbows with none other than Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. After the party you board a boat on the Seven Seas Lagoon to view the show.