Whether you are an adrenaline junkie or prefer to kick back and relax, there is something for everyone at Universal’s Volcano Bay Water Theme Park. This newly opened park boasts some of the most technologically-advanced attractions ever featured in a water park. With 17 attractions and a lot of square feet to cover, it’s important to go with a plan. While every attraction is unique and worth trying, here are my top five favorites to experience at Volcano Bay.
- Krakatau Water Coaster: Without a doubt, this is my favorite ride not only at Volcano Bay, but at any water park I have ever been to. This water coaster takes you on a wild journey up and down hills, through the volcano and ending in a waterfall. While somewhat intense, it’s something that can be enjoyed by the entire family all together. Keep in mind, this is not only my favorite ride at Volcano Bay, but also most guests’ so make sure you arrive to the park early or use your Tapu Tapu if you want to ride.
- TeAwa Fearless River: Lazy river? Not exactly. This winding river circles guests around parts of the park at a brisk pace making it the perfect attraction to enjoy while waiting for your Tapu Tapu to alert you for your next ride. While this does move faster than a typical lazy river, it is still relaxing and shows you some beautiful views of the park.
- Ika Moana (the green one!): I love a team ride that you can all experience together and Ika Moana is just the right thrill level for the whole family to enjoy. This tube ride has a fair amount of drops without being too drastic, sending your family on a winding adventure, in and out of enclosures down a gradual hill. Its counter-part, Honu (the blue), however, is a bit more thrilling! Try Ika Moana first and then those who are brave enough can conquer Honu.
- Taniwha Tubes: Ride alone or with a buddy on this tube ride water journey. Choose from 4 different slides with varying levels of intensity from leisurely to very adventurous.
- Vol, Spirit of Krakatau: Not everything is about water here! Step off the lazy river and walk inside the volcano for some interactive entertainment with Vol, the spirit of Krakatau. He can speak to you and you can even create light patterns with your Tapu Tapu on the inside walls of the volcano. This is a truly unique “water park experience” unlike anything else I have ever seen.
On your next Universal vacation make sure to check out all that Volcano Bay has to offer. It is truly more than a water park, but a completely immersive experience. To ad Volcano Bay to your Universal Orlando package, contact your Me and the Mouse Travel Specialist.