Meeting characters and getting autographs is a fun way to capture the magic to take home with you. Traditional autograph books are sold throughout Disney resorts and on Disney cruise ships. Once you get home, though, that book would likely be filed away with other small momentos from your trip.
Why not have your favorite characters sign something that you can display or wear? Here are some ideas to help keep those memories out where you and your family can continue to enjoy them!
– Frames or photo mats to display a favorite Disney photo
– A tote bag or backpack
– T-shirts. Buy or design a shirt with some of your favorite characters, and have one or several characters sign it! (Do not wear the shirt you want signed as characters may not sign clothing while it is being worn).
– Quilt squares (also known as “Fat Quarters”). If you like to sew, take a small stack of solid color fabric squares for characters to sign individually. Then, take them home, add Disney fabric for accent blocks, and make a beautiful quilt! You can also incorporate some of your favorite photos by printing them onto fabric! Primary colors work great with the Fabulous Five, or choose purples, pinks, and other gem colors to make a princess quilt.
– For the scrapbooker in you, take embellished tags that can later be inserted into a scrapbook or displayed together in a frame.
– Shrinky dink sheets. Shrink the autographs down to make a fun charm bracelet or necklace.
– Character-specific items. If you love Star Wars and are lucky enough to attend a Star Wars weekend at Walt Disney World, have Darth Goofy or Jedi Mickey sign a plastic light saber! If you love Snow White, take a plastic apple for her to sign. Elsa could sign a decorative snowflake for your daughter’s bedroom wall. Think of your favorite character and choose something that means something to that character.
Some characters may have trouble holding small pens. Chunkier pens will not only help them, but the autographs will be bolder. Sharpie has tons of beautiful marker sets to help find that perfect color.
When getting autographs on fabric, make sure the ink is specifically made for fabrics and is machine washable.