*UPDATE: As of July 25, 2017, Disney has announced, “At this time, we are discontinuing the program and no new accounts or contributions are being accepted.”
When thinking about planning a Disney vacation one of the thoughts that cross the mind of many people is, “how much is my Disney vacation going to cost”. There are many factors that come into play when figuring out your Disney vacation budget:
- Size of your group/family
- Time of the year
- Resort category
- Type of tickets
- Which dining package
- Flying vs driving
- Magical extras
- Memory Maker
- Bibbiby Bobbidy Boutique
- Very Merry Christmas Party
- Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party
- and many more….
The Disney Vacation Account savings plan at https://disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com is a helpful tool in when you are trying to save for the following types of Disney vacations:
- Walt Disney World
- Disney Cruise Line
- Aulani Resort in Hawaii
- Adventures by Disney
So how does it work?
The budget estimator at the Disney Vacation Account site will help you figure out how much you should be saving each month for the type of Disney vacation you desire, up to 5 years in the future. You then can choose to have either a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly automatic deposit put into your Disney Vacation Account from your preferred debit card, credit card, or Disney gift card. You can also make one time deposits into your account.
What is the benefit of using the Disney Vacation savings account?
- The automatic deposits help you stay on track with your Disney vacation budget goals
- For every $1,000 you deposit you will receive a $20 Disney gift card.
- There are no fees to create or maintain your account
- Changes or cancellations can be made at any time.
- You can receive full withdraws at any time
- Disney will send you progress reports of your savings
When you are ready for your Me and the Mouse Travel specialist to book your Disney Vacation we will be able to use the funds that you have been saving to pay your deposit, make payments onto your reservation, or pay your balance off in full.
For more information visit the Disney Vacation Account website and contact a Me and the Mouse Travel Specialist. We would be happy to help you start planning for your dream vacation!