Part 2: D23 – Planning for the Expo!
Well readers, plans have changed since my initial article about D23 – but I’m here to let you know what the planning stages entail for getting to the 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim, California. Hopefully the information I provide will give you the edge to plan for, and attend, the next D23 Expo in 2017!
Without further ado – How to get to the Expo in 10 easy steps:
Step 1: Join D23!
- It’s really simple. Just follow this link to join D23
Step 2: Save your pennies!
Step 3: Purchase tickets early!
- You could save anywhere from $10-$50 per person
Step 4: Plan your costumes now!
- You and your family are invited to cosplay!
Step 5: Prepare yourself!
- There are long lines, panel discussions, many vendors, pricey foods, and long days!
Step 6: Search for Hotel Rooms early!
- See hotels HERE. Do your research for the hotel that has the right amenities for you.
Step 7: Plan your travel early!
- Are you flying? Search the best airlines from your airport to John Wayne, SNA, airport
- Why not LAX?
- It’s is considerably farther away, and any rental car, shuttle service, will break the bank! Resorts have parking fees too!
- Driving or taking a train? Plan your routes, allocate money for gas or tickets early! And always plan for rush hour traffic in these areas!
- PLEASE NOTE: The Disneyland Resort does not have a free, direct shuttle service. Every shuttle service has a price.
- Super Shuttle is reputable – save for the private service so you are directly dropped off at your hotel!
- Why not LAX?
Step 8: Purchase your specially discounted D23 park tickets!
- D23 members have access to special event park tickets at a slight discount
- “Twilight Tickets” are also available at a greatly reduced rate that allow you entrance into each park after 4pm until close!
Step 9: Budget!
- Remember those pennies you were saving? You’ll still need to make a budget for while you’re at the Expo for food, D23 exclusive souvenirs, photo ops, autograph ops, incidentals – they will add up!
Step 10: Don’t forget to bring your D23 Membership card!
- Arrive and have fun!
- Enjoy it! It will be amazing!
Your Me and the Mouse travel specialist can help you with all the details. Feel free to contact me if you have questions!